Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic New Westminster, BC
Welcome to Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New Westminster, BC. We support your healing through physiotherapy and other health services. We understand pain and how pain interferes with what you want to do with your life. We can work together so you can reclaim your active life and get back to what you like to do. We will welcome you in your choice of English, Punjabi or Hindi.
New Westminster Clinic Location Details
Address: 805 Boyd St, Unit N100 New Westminster, BC, V3M 5X2
Hours of Operation:
How Physiotherapy Can Change Your Life
At Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New West, BC., we begin with a thorough assessment of your physical condition to make or confirm your diagnosis. Based on the physical exam results and your medical history, your physiotherapist develops a specific treatment plan combining various therapies. This custom treatment is designed to solve the underlying causes of your pain or immobility. You work together with your physiotherapist to follow a recovery plan that works for your life and your activities.
Sometimes, injuries get better on their own. Over a few days or weeks, you’re no longer in pain, and you can return to your normal activities. Unfortunately, sometimes this sets up the potential for recurring injuries, and you may end up with a “bad back,” a “weak ankle,” or even a “bum knee.”
When an injury undermines the balance of your systems, your body responds dysfunctionally. Then, an acute injury evolves into a long-term chronic condition.
Whether your injury is recent or you have been in pain for a long time, physiotherapy can make a difference. When tight tissues are released, painful knots untied, and your body’s systems are rebalanced by physiotherapy, you can return to the active life you want.
Conditions Treated with Physiotherapy at the Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New Westminster, BC
Your physiotherapist can diagnose your condition. But maybe your doctor has referred you for physiotherapy for a specific condition. We’re happy to help!
But you don’t need a referral. Your extended health insurance may request a referral, but you don’t need one for an ICBC or Work Safe claim. Just bring us your claim number, extended medical insurance details, or MSP card number, and we’ll work out the payment details for you.
We regularly see patients for physiotherapy to heal from:
- Car Accident Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Work Injuries
- Balance Issues
- Chronic Neck or Back Pain
- Pre-and-Post Surgical Rehab
- Low Back Pain
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Orthopedic Problems like bones, muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, or nerves
- Osteoporosis or other Age-Related Disorders
If you have any of these conditions, your doctor suggested you see a physiotherapist, or you want more flexibility and freedom of movement with less pain, Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic can help.
What Makes Physiotherapy at Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic Different
The physiotherapists at the Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New Westminster take a unique approach.
- Bring your ICBC or Work Safe claim information, extended health plan details, or your MSP number, and we will work out the payments for you.
- Your treatment is always based on your custom-tailored treatment plan
- Your physiotherapist regularly adjusts your recovery plan as you progress
Our physiotherapists and other service providers are well-trained and highly experienced. We will discover and treat the contributing factors to your condition and use a combination of therapies to get to the core. This helps you recover more quickly and permanently.
Physiotherapy Services at Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New West, BC
The friendly and professional staff at Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New Westminster offer the following services:
- Physiotherapy – Treatment focusing on the science of movement to restore and maximize physical function, strength, motion, and well-being by addressing underlying physical issues.
- Acupuncture – Widely practiced along with physiotherapy, this integrative medical system uses needles to alleviate pain and treat various conditions. Helps with nerve pain like Sciatica.
- IMS/ Dry Needling – Dry needling treats myofascial pain, commonly called “muscle knots.” The tiny needles stimulate tissues to unknot these painful points where tissue connects to muscle.
- Custom Orthotics – Specially made to support your feet, these custom orthotics match your feet precisely. Orthotics control abnormal motion in your gait. Wear them inside your shoes to reduce foot or back pain.
- Compression Stockings – Specialized hosiery that prevents and lessens the progression of venous disorders like edema (swollen legs), phlebitis or thrombosis.
- Spinal Decompression (Traction) - Motorized traction that relieves back pain by stretching the spine gently. Bulging or herniated disks frequently retract, and pressure is taken off of nerves and the rest of the spine.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation - This specialized physiotherapy modality treats vestibular disorders and symptoms such as dizziness and vertigo, trouble with balance, falling, vision and posture.
- Shockwave Therapy - This non-surgical therapy speeds up recovery and cures various indications that cause chronic or acute pain. Shockwave therapy works quickly to relieve pain and restore mobility.
- Manual Therapy – Hands-on manual therapy is core to physiotherapy. Manual therapy treats musculoskeletal pain or disability. Patients receive kneading and hands-on manipulation of muscles and joints.
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation – Patients re-establish muscle strength, joint motion, and joint function with safely increasing loads and stimulus to the surgically repaired joint.
- Sports Injuries – Physiotherapy speeds healing and prevents reinjury of sports or exercise injuries such as bruises, sprains, strains, tears, broken bones, and soft tissues like ligaments, muscles, tendons, and fascia.
We combine caring, friendliness and experience with state-of-the-art science and technology to ensure you receive quick, effective healing.
Make an Appointment at Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic in New Westminster, BC
Pain from an injury or ongoing chronic illness makes participating in an active lifestyle difficult. As you become less active, the pain and inflexibility tend to increase, making it even harder to do what you like.
But you can regain that flexibility and reduce or eliminate your pain with physiotherapy.
The Cambie Physiotherapy and Health Clinic professionals use proven techniques in New Westminster to reduce pain and increase flexibility. Work with your physiotherapist to recover with a tailor-made plan for your lifestyle, condition, activities you like, and your pain level.